Post-Decree Modifications

If circumstances change in your life, your children’s lives or your ex-spouse’s life, it may be possible to modify some parts of your divorce decree. Getting a modification can be a difficult task, however, which is why it is important to get the right legal representation on your side.

At Woodard & Ferguson, our family law attorneys have helped many individuals throughout the Daytona Beach area successfully modify the terms of agreements related to:


Do Not Seek A Modification Alone. Our Lawyers Can Help You.

To get a modification, you need to prove that there has been a substantial or material change in circumstances. This could include:

  • A job loss making it harder for a parent to meet child support or spousal support obligations
  • A raise or promotion, meaning a parent should pay more in support
  • A medical emergency, illness or disability that affects the custody and child support arrangement
  • The child’s other parent does not provide a safe living environment
  • One parent wanting to move out of state

It is important that you have the right evidence to prove that a modification is necessary. Our lawyers have been through many divorce and modification proceedings, and they know what it takes to be successful. As our client, you can count on receiving practical legal advice that lets you know what your options and potential outcomes are.

Contact Woodard & Ferguson today if you want to speak to our lawyers about a modification of child support, child custody or spousal support orders. We will take the time to address all of your questions and concerns about the process. Call 386-677-0822 or 888-828-3716 for a consultation at our Ormond Beach, Florida-based law firm.